Monday, March 8, 2010

Mar. 6, 2010 - Enough Already by Peter Walsh

I couldn't believe it when I saw this book at Chapters the other day - I had no idea Peter Walsh had written another book. I loved his last book It's All Too Much about decluttering our homes. Now, he has extended his decluttering techniques to people as evident in the subtitle "Clearing Mental Clutter to Become the Best You". On the one hand, it isn't surprising. Even in the first book, he mentioned that having a clean, uncluttered house benefits all areas of our lives. I certainly feel more peaceful and in control when my house is in order. In fact, I find it hard to concentrate if my house is a mess. Imagine what it is like in our brains when too many to do lists and too much information is cluttering our ability to think or to enjoy experiences.

"Does it seem like everything is moving so fast these days you can barely keep up? Do you sometimes feel that your life is spinning out of control?" If you answered yes to these questions, then you are probably feeling overwhelmed in one, some or all of the six areas discussed in this book: family, relationships, work, health, money and spirituality. Just as before, using humour while offering tips and practical advice, Peter Walsh provides us with strategies to take control of our lives by eliminating the emotional clutter hindering us.

No comments:

Post a Comment