Monday, March 22, 2010

Mar. 21, 2010 - Knit Two by Kate Jacobs

After having so much difficulty getting involved in The Friday Night Knitting Club, I was surprised with my eagerness to read the sequel when I saw it at the library. My original reluctance had come because of the lack of any substantial action or suspense in the first book; however, I persevered and was glad because  by the end of the novel, I was thoroughly invested in the characters, their relationships and the outcome of their lives.

I do remember that by the time things got moving along, the story was over, leaving the characters in a state of limbo. None of their situations had been resolved and no one had really dealt with the death of Georgia. My excitement at seeing the sequel was due to the chance to finally find out the answers to all my questions. Knit Two takes place five years after Georgia's death. All the members of the Friday night knitting club are still in touch with each other. Peri has taken over the store, running it until Dakota, Georgia's daughter, is old enough to take over. They continue to have meetings, though not as often, and to confide in and support each other through different life situations.

I am finding the sequel much more captivating due to my connection with the characters and their struggles to carry on with their lives after Georgia's untimely death.

No comments:

Post a Comment