Sunday, October 18, 2009

Oct. 18, 2009 - Still Alice by Lisa Genova

This being my first post, I'll tell you about a book I recently finished reading before blogging about what I am reading today.

Upon hearing about this book, I placed a hold for it at my local library. The day I picked it up was a busy one so I decided to simply read the first few pages before getting to some other jobs I needed to do. Two hours later, I hadn't put the book down, tears were streaming down my face and my jobs were still waiting to be finished. What a wonderful, heartwrenching but inspiring story. It's hard to describe the feeling you get when you've just completed a great book. I felt...complete...tingling with emotion...bursting to tell others about this touching novel. I highly recommend reading Still Alice but only with a box of tissue beside you.

No comments:

Post a Comment