Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oct. 21, 2009 - Vampire Diairies

This series of books which includes The Awakening, The Struggle, The Fury and Dark Reunion was first published in 1991, before the Twilight hysteria began. Yet, as I started reading the first book, there were immediate connections to the Twilight series. The style of writing, the vampire lore, the teenage angst, all contributed to this.

The main character, Elena, is torn between two brothers, both vampires, one good and one evil. They see her as a reincarnation of a woman they both loved in the past who died.

Currently, there is a popular TV show based on this series. Both my daughters and their teenage friends are crazy about it. My oldest even says its better than the Twilight movies. I have to admit, having read the Twilight books myself, I've been watching it too and I'm enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment