Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 5, 2010 - The One Thing You Need to Know by Marcus Buckingham

Another book to add to my professional reading, this one was recommended at a recent conference that I attended. Marcus Buckingham, author of First, Break All the Rules and Now, Discover Your Strengths, is a well-known "Cambridge-educated" expert on business leadership and management. The book focusses on three areas that are a key to success in any professional environment - great managing, great leading and career success. Using authentic examples supported by research and data as well as interviews of people from all walks of life, Buckingham gives advice that is both common-sense and profound. Will the keys to success discussed here be similar to Malcolm Gladwell's theories in The Outliers? Just what is this "one thing" that I need to know and how will it help me find success in my life or in my career? From reading the chapter contents, a lot of questions are posed which I hope will be answered as the book progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment