Saturday, April 3, 2010

April 1, 2010 - The Friday Night Knitting Club series by Kate Jacobs

Reminiscent of "chick-flicks" such as The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants and Steel Magnolias, the Friday Night Knitting Club series is definitely a story that would make a great movie. With unique and endearing characters, struggling with different facets of their lives and wonderful settings such as the hustle and bustle of New York city juxtaposed against the quiet countryside of Scotland and rural Pennsylvania, all the elements are in place for a successful transition to the "big screen". Who would be cast as Georgia, Dakota, Catherine, Anita, Peri and the other friends? After reading all three books, I feel very close to the characters and have a certain image in mind based on their descriptions, actions and personality in the books. I envision a star-studded ensemble of veteran as well as young actresses to bring the story to fruition. The different ages of the characters would bring together a unique combination of talent. Hopefully, those in charge of casting would get to know these characters through Kate Jacob's writing before making any decisions.

As I am writing this, I can't imagine this idea hasn't occurred to someone in Hollywood so I just did a "google search" and voilà - a movie produced by and starring Julia Roberts is in the works. Apparently, she is a big fan of the books. I can't wait to discover who else will be cast and how the story will come alive visually. I hope I won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment